Israel is a beautiful and highly interesting place to visit, but is also quite expensive for the average backpacker. In this post I’ve gathered some money saving tickets and codes I’ve come across throughout the years, that might make your trip to Israel a bit more affordable. If you know of any others, don’t hesitate to contact me through my Facebook Page or my Contact Form (at the bottom of the About). I’ll be happy to expand the list!
Money Saving Tickets for Israel:
National Parks and Nature Reserves Money Saving Tickets:
If you plan to visit some of Israel’s beautiful national parks and nature reserves, you might find these tickets useful. There are 3 types of tickets: the Blue Card (giving you access to 3 parks for 78 ILS), the Green Card (giving you access to 6 parks for 110 ILS) and the Orange Card (giving you access to unlimited number of parks for 150 ILS). The card is valid for two weeks from the first visit and can be purchased at some of the main national parks and nature reserves, including Caesarea National Park, Masada National Park, En Gedi National Park and Eilat Coral Beach National Park.
When purchasing the card, take into consideration that some parks are more expensive than others. To make the Blue Card worth the cost, you should visit parks that cost at least 28 ILS each. Many parks charge that amount, so it’s worth it.
For more info, check out the National Parks and Nature Reserves official website.
Get special offers with the Secret Tel Aviv VIP Card:
It seems like Secret Tel Aviv has some great offers for those who use their VIP Card. Most discounts or offers are available for restaurants and bars in Tel Aviv, less for activities. The best part about this card is that it’s free! You just need to fill in their form or pickup the card from their pickup point.
For more info, check out the Secret Tel Aviv official website. Read until the end of their page, because they also have a 5% discount code for Abraham Tours.
Explore Jerusalem for less with the JLM Pass:
If you plan to stay in Jerusalem for more than one day, this JLM Pass might be useful. The pass offers a free bus round-trip to and from Ben Gurion Airport, free public transportation in Jerusalem, a free drink and free or discounted entrance to some of the city’s attractions for a whole week. There are two types of passes: one is for 63 USD and includes public transportation, the other is 36 USD and does not include pubic transportation. Is it worth it? Let me break it down for you:
- The ride from Ben Gurion International Airport costs about 4 USD one way.
- Taking one light rail/ bus ride will cost about 1.5 USD.
- The Israel Museum entrance fee is about 14 USD, but with the pass you get to enter for free. You will probably have to use public transportation to get to and from the museum, so add about 3 USD, and that’s about 17 USD saved.
- The Ramparts Walk entrance fee is about 5 USD, but with the pass you get to walk it for free. It’s in the Old City, so if your hostel is close by, you can easily walk there.
- Zedekiah’s Cave entrance fee is about 5 USD, but with the pass you get to enter for free. It’s near Damascus Gate, so if your hostel is close by, you can easily walk there.
- The other attractions in the pass have discounts. My recommended attractions are the Night Spectacular Sound & Light Show at Tower of David Museum (with the pass you’ll save about 3 USD) and The Hebrew Music Museum (with the pass you’ll save about 3 USD).
I recommend you check out the list of attractions in the pass and see if it fits your needs. Check it out here – the JLM Pass. I think this pass is the best for family travellers, because it includes many attractions that are great for kids.
Money Saving Codes for Israel:
Save 5% on your second hostel with the ILH Card:
If you plan to stay in hostels in Israel, you might be able to get some discount on your second booking. If you choose to stay at one of the ILH Hostels, you can use the ILH Card to get 5% discount on your second hostel booking. Get the card at your first hostel! Want to know more? Read about it in their official website – ILH Card.
Go on a D-TLV Pub Crawl for just 60 ILS:
This code was given to Backpack Israel by D-TLV Pub Crawl, to help backpackers have a great time in Tel Aviv at an affordable price. Thanks D-TLV! To use the code, enter the D-TLV ticket site , choose your preferred date (Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays) and then put in the promotional code (it’s on the photo above). Enjoy a great night out in Tel Aviv!
If you liked this post or found it useful, please don’t hesitate to like, share or comment (:
Also, feel free to connect with me on Facebook – Backpack Israel.