Hello everyone! Sorry I’ve been out for a while. I want to introduce you to an app I’ve been working on for the last six months, Travel Israel – Land of Creation.
Get Travel Israel on Google Play.
Get Travel Israel on iTunes.
The app is completely free to download!
How am I connected to this app?
This app is a creation of both myself and the Tourist Exchange team. The Indian-based startup, Tourist Exchange, has been creating travel apps for India for the last two years. Now, after the Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, visited Israel last year, they’ve realized that Israel could be a great destination for the Indian – and worldwide – crowd.
Deepak Jain, the founder of the Tourist Exchange startup, contacted me through my website about six months ago and asked if I would like to help him create an app for incoming tourism to Israel. I thought it would be a great way to get more people to learn about Israel and maybe pack their bags and come see my wonderful country!
For the last six months I’ve been writing the content for the app and meeting some of the top tourism authorities in Israel, including the Jerusalem Development Authority, the Tel Aviv Global & Tourism, Abraham Tours & Hostels and Diesenhaus Unitours, to make sure that we get the best info and services on our app.
What I want you to get is an app that has everything under one roof – info, bookings of activities, hotels and so on. Also, I want to give you information that you can trust and learn from.
More about the app:
This app is meant to make your life easier when planning a trip to Israel. Here are the main things you can do in the app:
- Check out the Top Experiences, that you might want to experience while travelling Israel.
- Understand the different Places of Israel, see what are the top attractions to do in each place and get ideas about where you should stay.
- Send a query on different tour ideas under Bookings.
- Chat with us (the Experts). We’ll be happy to try to help you plan your trip to Israel!
- Learn more about visas, weather, public transportation, safety, history and much more in the Isreal Guide (under the “drawer”).
- Get inspired in the Israel Store and discover what are the top things to get from Israel.
What do we have in mind for the future?
This is the first version of the app, so if you see we’re missing something, please keep in mind that this is only the beginning. We plan to add top accommodations, restuarants and shops in each Place and much more surprises! For us Backpackers, we plan to add camping sites and all kinds of hiking trails (meanwhile, we have Jesus Trail in Top Experiences, so feel free to check it out).
Do you have ideas for things that we should add to the app? Feel free to tell me in the comments or contact me on my Backpack Israel Facebook page.
And… don’t forget to pass on the word and let other people, who are planning their trip, learn about Travel Israel.
Have a wonderful day!